Monday, January 5, 2009

Wedding 1/10 was a lot of fun! I drank, danced, ate some food (the marie-friendly parts), and generally had a good time. I really hope my wedding is that fun.

The wedding was for one of the daughters of one of J's family friends. Unfortunately, the thing about that was that the whole group of friends kept mentioning that J and I were next and that his family was the next one with the weddings (J's brother is getting married a month after we are). Unfortunately, I don't think we can invite everyone that was there! :( We are limited on the number of people we can invite to the wedding. J's brother and his fiancee are also limited on the number they can invite, because they're having a destination wedding. This means more will likely try to come to ours because they can't make both, and ours is local.

Sigh. The guest list has got to be one of the worst parts about wedding planning. It's like ranking your friends! I'm hoping I will get to invite all my friends, but at this point, I don't know. Between J's and my families, we have a lot of people. I have a lot of various friends from different stages in my life as well, so that adds more people. I believe we have decided to limit +1s, which will help numbers, but still. It's a horrible process to go through, and I keep hoping it works itself out.

Beyond that, though, the wedding was fun, I got some ideas from what the bride and groom chose to do, and some things that I don't want to do, so all in all I would say the wedding was a success!

No comments: