Thursday, January 15, 2009

I am going to the Portland Bridal show this weekend. This bridal show makes the third or fourth one I've been to, including the one I went to before we got engaged where I pretended my pink sapphire ring was an engagement ring so Colleen could have some cake. To be honest, I'm kind of tired of bridal shows. There's just a lot of people talking about weddings! and fluffy things! and on my god you NEED a videographer! and it all kind of gets old. Plus, there are a good number of crazy bridezillas who will shove you out of the way to look at a display.

No, the main reason I am going is to collect information on some vendors. I am still missing some crucial ones, such as a florist, someone to do my invitations, and other various little things I keep forgetting. I used to have a lot of brochures from the various bridal shows I have been to, but at one point in the past year I up and threw the whole stack out because I couldn't for the life of me remember why I was keeping it. Now I remember. I needed some info out of it.

It shouldn't be all bad, though. I am going with one of my bridesmaids, K, who is also getting married in August. Incidentally, I am her maid of honor! So we should have a good time seeing what the other wants for her wedding.

Additionally, J REALLY wants me to go, if nothing to just enter to win more things. Oh, I forgot to tell you? Back in the fall, I went to the Rose City Bridal show and entered to win a bunch of stuff, as one does when one goes to bridal shows. This time though, I actually won something! I won a $2000 credit to use for catering for a party from Catering by Bo, who own the Typhoon! restaurants. Very tasty. I am pretty excited about this prize, and I think J and I are going to use it for a joint bachelor/bachelorette party with lots of booze. Free booze! and Thai food! It doesn't get much better. Anyway, yeah. Now that I won that, he wants me to enter more drawings. Let's face it though, I am not winning twice.

3 comments:

JenG said...

Yeah, I was waiting for the moment where you mentioned the real reason for going: FREE STUFF!!! You won last time, so K should get a little, too ;)

Did I tell you B officially asked me to be her officiant? I love that they are so non-traditional that my (recently) ordained Universal Life Church self gets to do the wedding. And all the more awesome that our hippie loving state allows it.

Natasha said...

Look, I am again going to petition to be your priestess lady to officiate your wedding. I will do it in rhyme of course.

iSnack2 said...

Yum. Cake samples.