Saturday, November 15, 2008

All dressed up...

I'm going to be honest here...I haven't really been all that excited about trying on wedding dresses. Sacrilege, I know! Wedding dresses are what everyone dreams of, that beautiful (sometimes fluffy) dress that makes them feel really pretty.

The real reason I haven't been excited about the dress is a purely vain reason. Um...ok. I'm not in the best shape. And that translates into not feeling so great about myself when trying on these beautiful, expensive dresses. I mean, when the point of one of these dresses is to make me feel like a princess (or something) on my wedding day, I don't want to feel fat and ugly when picking one out.

Still, I signed up for this marathon of wedding dress shopping today. Marathon = 2.5 hours, probably 20 or 25 dresses. It was a serious marathon! I was exhausted by the end. That's a lot of dresses. I tried on some that were seriously questionable.

BUT! it was all worth it in the end! Because I found the dress!

Seriously, I was a little bit scared about it. Who finds a dress the first time they go dress shopping? Beyond that, who loves the FIRST dress they try on? (yup, it was the first dress I tried on). I keep thinking that maybe I should have tried on other dresses, but it's hard to argue when a dress just speaks to you.

And here it is!
(*note: I did not purchase the purse and the wrap. I did, however, get myself a tiara. heh. oh, and feel free to envision me as buff as that model)

It's gorgeous, and lace (who thought i'd like lace?!?), and with beads (who thought i'd like beads?!?), and its so simple and classic. I love that about it. I love the semi-sweetheart neckline too. Plus, the corset back makes it a bit more forgiving if I, say, cave and eat that whole pack of Golden Oreos.

Crap. Guess I should get serious about that wedding diet (you know...beyond cutting out hotdogs. That's as far as I've gotten until now). And that wedding workout plan. But hey, I just got a gym membership. And Jillian Michaels' 30 day Shred. Maybe I'll be in good shape by next September! Or, maybe I'll just eat another Oreo.

3 comments:

JenG said...

OMG gorgeous :) Katie just showed me hers, too. I'm so excited for you!! You are going to look amazing.

Emily said...

So pretty! And I'm so excited you bought a tiara. That's so cool.

Abra said...

I think you made a huge mistake not getting the purse!