Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I know, I know! I'm a horrible blogger. It's been what, 1 1/2 months since I posted anything? And I came back with a post that said I'd be back soon? I know. All lies.

In my defense, wedding planning is hard! Nobody told me that I'd have such a whirlwind at first, collecting magazines, setting the date, booking the venue and photographer, selecting the dress, getting the bridesmaids...it was a lot in a short period! All I can say is I was spectacularly burned out after I got all that done. In fact, after the bridal show in January, I just wasn't interested in ANYTHING bridal related. It didn't help that my future mother-in-law was really into it, and I felt bad whenever she'd ask me what I had next to do and I'd brush the question off.

Anyway, the wedding planning has slowly been picking up momentum in the last few weeks. Unfortunately, since I work in public accounting, it has also coincided with the last few weeks of busy season (april 15 is coming soon!). Thus, I haven't been able to do all the planning I want to because my weekends are full of work. Still, I've managed to get some things done.

I picked up the dress this past Saturday! It's just as beautiful as I remember it, which is super exciting. I've been having worries that I didn't remember my dress and would hate it! But luckily, I still love it. Now it just needs to be altered. Also, all my accessories came in with it, so I can finally schedule my hair trials with my tiara and veil!

We also finally got the Save the Dates sent out to be printed! I won't post what they look like yet because, obviously, people haven't gotten them or seen them yet. But I will try to post a pic when we finally get them out. They'll be going out behind schedule, but oh well. I love them; they are great! My awesomely talented sister designed them for me, and they incorporate both my Asian heritage and J's family's Irish background. I love it.

In the next few weeks, I hope to schedule some florist consultations, a hair trial, and maybe a makeup trial! Ooh, and our engagement photos are scheduled for two weeks from now. It's all very exciting! Hopefully I won't burn out again. Not much time left for that!

How have you all been doing while I was bumming around?

2 comments:

Natasha said...

slangin', pimpin', and makin' it rain. oh yea. hanging out with da boo boos.

Natasha said...

don't worry. i will incorporate all three in your wedding ceremony.