Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hello! Guess what, another wedding thing is going to be taken care of tomorrow!

Tomorrow I'm taking a half day off of work, going to get my hair styled by my stylist, grabbing J and meeting our photographer downtown for our engagment photo session! I am super excited, as I love love love our photographer, and I am excited to see what kinds of places we will discover for photos. I am doubly happy because up until yesterday, the forecast for Thursday was showers. As of yesterday, though, the chance of rain is only 20%! And while it would have been nice to have Monday and Tuesday's gorgeous sunshine to take photos in, I have been informed that cloudy skies are actually best for photos as they diffuse the light. So, I guess I will take it.

I spent some time and money with my bridesmaid, K, on Sunday. We took our bank accounts to the cute boutiques on NW 23rd to find some engagment photo outfits. I definitely did my part to stimulate the economy, but I am not sure the stuff I found will work for the shoot. We will have to see how the weather shapes up tomorrow. In any event, I am sure I will find some cute things to wear. Too bad I haven't been following my diet, but oh well. Today's burrito was delicious, even if it wasn't waist-friendly.

I haven't done much planning with my venue lately because I just don't like communicating with them. Also, we heard from a family friend of J's that he thought our venue was up for renewal of their liquor license and it might be denied! Of course, that made me freak out, as most things do these days. However, with more digging around, it seems that the concert venue/bar below our wedding venue is the one that is up for its OLCC license renewal. I guess the neighborhood is unhappy with the drunk patrons from the bar that spill into the residential streets after shows, and are drunk and disorderly or start fights. Hopefully this will not affect our wedding venue! J has already called the coordinators and left a message, so we will see what they say.

Up next (hopefully soon!): flowers, cakes, and fittings! Oh my!

1 comment:

Emily said...

How did the photo session go?